Phone: (530) 752-3125
The central objective to my research and outreach program is directed towards ensuring the long-term sustainability of rice systems. Through research, and in coordination with farm advisors, we provide relevant information in forms suitable for farmers, legislators and policy makers.
My research focuses on a wide range of issues including:
- Developing sustainable and efficient nutrient management practices for rice that maintain or increase yields with limited loss to the environment.
- Evaluating opportunities to reduce water use.
- Addressing water quality issues
- Accessing greenhouse gas emissions and mitigation options
- Assessment of heavy metals in rice systems
- Crop development
- Develop tools and models to which allow farmers to more precisely manage their inputs and time.